Critical to Remember Your Uni’s success is the quality of the experience provided to donors. We ensure the she is felt valued, respected and that the legacy donation is appreciated.
An important part of the journey for the donor is the interaction with the individual preparing the Will. We need our professional partners to work in partnership with us and treat our donors respectfully and profive the best, impatial advice. All practitioners signing up to the campaign must agree to comply with Remember Your Uni’s Practitioner Guide, as follows:
- Practitioners will consider all charitable donations to universities in Wills favourably;
- With permission from the tesator/testatrix practitioners will make Remember Your Uni aware that a legacy has been left to the university and the value of the bequest
- Practitioners confirm that they understand how to draft an effective charitable gift in a Will and will give balanced advice on the various options for charitable giving by Will;
- Practitioners will mention the option of leaving a gift to a university in their Will to clients whose Wills or codicils they are drafting and if appropriate will discuss with clients the different types of gifts that they can leave to charity in their Will. This includes advising on any tax advantages of giving a donation to a university if relevant;
- Practitioners will be supportive of a client who would like to appoint a university as their executor (and will check, before drafting the Will, that the university is able and willing to undertake such a role); and
- Supervising Practitioners in a firm are either solicitors or qualified Will-writing practitioners